Monday 12 November 2012

Review: La Roche Posay Posthelios After Sun Melt In Gel

Product: La Roche Posay Posthelios After Sun Melt In Gel
I use the La Roche Posay sun protection line as recommended by my dermatologist as I have very sensitive skin and most sunscreen/sun care products irritate my skin.

What I like about it: 

When you squeeze it out, its a white cream consistency but it really 'melts' into your skin once you apply it. It almost feels like an oil.

It is quite heavy which is great as it is targeted at sunburns and dehydrated skin.

It leaves a kind of oily sheen on your face (from the lipids) so it's best to apply at night.

I find that it works well to alleviate sun burns. Even though aloe vera gel works really well too (especially if you leave it in the fridge) this cream provides deeper moisturizing effects.

I also use this to calm down irritated skin e.g. suffering from an allergic reaction.

The next morning, you can definitely see its effects. 

It also works well as a very intense moisturizer/treatment in winter, especially to really get rid of those flaky patches that won't go away. 

Crucially, it is very important that it is formulated for sensitive skin as when your skin is sore/burnt/dry, you really don't want something that will irritate it further. 

What I dislike about it:

Takes a while to sink in but as expected and necessary if it is going to 'cure' your sun burns.

It is fairly pricey but I would recommend it for sun burns or irritated skin and it is also worth a shot if you have serious dry patches. Also, an excellent product for people with sensitive skin as it does not irritate at all.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment