Monday 7 October 2013

Review: MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage

Product: MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage

"An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder" (MAC's website)

What I like about it:

The product is a white cream texture. 

It is very lightweight and you can't feel it on your skin once blended out which is a huge plus, I hate primers that I can feel on my skin. (The product does claim to be 'ultra-fluid')

It smoothes out your skin and you can immediately tell that your skin is very smooth and prepped for foundation. It is quite moisturizing.

Foundation does go on like a charm.

What I dislike about  it:

Doesn't seem to even out redness as claimed, also the oil-controlling abilities aren't significant.

I don't think it makes my make up last particularly long.

The main plus overall is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and it does provide a very smooth base for foundation. It also doesn't contain SPF which is useful for pictures. However, seeing as it is quite limited in function, probably wouldn't repurchase.

Rating: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment