Sunday 15 September 2013

My bad experiences with EOS lipbalm & Carmex / Worst Lipbalms that dry out your lips


As much as I love the cute packaging & flavour/smells of EOS lipbalms, like CARMEX, these lip balms did nothing for my chapped lips.

At first they seem to moisturize and the texture feels great.

However, what I have found with both EOS & CARMEX is that they create a dependency on the product, such that without it, your lips become horribly dry & chapped.

From other reviews online, I know I'm not alone with this problem.

From the information online, it seems that EOS contains a form of mineral oil that may be drying & Carmex contains menthol/camphor which may irritate the skin. 


The solution?

One quick fix is vaseline - it does NOT aim to 'cure' or 'treat' your lips but it does create a good protective balm over your lips while they naturally heal.

Ultimately, the solution is internal, you need to HYDRATE with water and your chapped lips will go away.

Mild exfoliation with lip scrubs (i love sugar scrubs) will help a lot too.

Here is a list of my favourite lip balms which actually help to heal your lips, i find that lip balms which are water based really helps! Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment