Saturday 5 October 2013

Review: Etude House Collagen Moistfull Cream & Essence



Product:  Etude House Collagen Moistfull Cream & First Essence

I have the trio but I've only really used the Moistfull cream & Moistfull first essence.

What I like about it:


The first step is the collagen moistfull first essence which is supposed to be a hydrating toner. It is almost water like and I really like it. It smooths my face and tightens my pores but I don't find it particularly hydrating.

The collagen moistfull cream is the main go-to product for me. I use it as a night time moisturizer. I love the citrusy scent (which both products have).

The cream is actually more of a gel like texture. It is very lightweight and spreads easily on the face. It definitely provides deep moisturization without being greasy. It sinks in quickly and you can see a difference in the morning - you get a nice glow. Also, it makes your skin more supple (possibly the collagen effect).


The cream would also work well under make up, because it sinks in quickly and acts almost like a primer because of the smoothing effect.

Dont' be deceived by the lightweight texture, the product is quite hydrating. I just use a tiny amount since I have combination skin.I would compare it to the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer (see my review here) as the texture is pretty similar. However, this is definitely more moisturizing. This is suited for a night moisturizer or for dry skin.

Although the products have a scent, they dont irritate my sensitive skin.

What I dislike about it:

The moistfull cream's tub packaging is unfortunate as tub packaging generally is more unhygenic.

The first essence is more suited for oily skin, I feel the effects of tightening/firming but not it's not really hydrating.



Overall, I would recommend the products for young adults but the moistful cream may be too rich for oily skin.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment