Wednesday 19 June 2019

Review: Secret Key Rose Starting Treatment Essence

Product: Secret Key Rose Starting Treatment Essence

What I like about it:

Amazing amazing product! The glass bottle is heavy and luxurious. The essence is wonderful, it really refines your skin texture and makes you glow! It is also moisturizing so if you have oily skin, two layers of this might be enough for daytime.

The rose edition is an extra nice touch! I first heard about this product from Gothamista on Youtube and she also recommends the rose version.

I love this product so much that dare I say it's almost an alternative to SKII.

It is a great layering product, truly a first step "starting essence", it pairs well with any moisturizer. I also use it on my body sometimes, providing lightweight hydration and it also works well to soothe your skin after shaving.

The main effects that I see is that it makes your skin soft and helps other products absorb better. The hydration effects are lightweight and you do need a moisturizer after. 

What I dislike about it:

You do have to be careful with this glass bottle. But it's really an amazing product, and the huge bottle will last you months!

Rating: 5/5 

 

1 comment:

  1. This product looks so good. Will definately give it a try.

    Moisturizing regularly reduces your chances of skin problems. Using the right type of moisturizer for your skin can help maintain its balance. When your skin is too dry or too oily, many common skin problems like acne start to pop up.

    For my personal moisturising routine I do this on a daily basis -

    • Moisturize post-wash - The best time to apply a moisturizer is right after a wash when your skin is damp, so you trap the moisture on its surface, you might also want to lube up between washings, like putting lip balm on dry lips.

    • Let it sink in, Give your moisturizer at least few minutes to dry and penetrate the skin before moving on to makeup. I highly recommend my favourite moisturizer Venofye Queen Bee Day Moisturizer - http://bit.ly/2xVuYR7 , trust me, it works like magic!!

    • Apply with clean hands - Give your fingers and palms a good cleaning to prevent any potentially irritating or pore-clogging bacteria onto your face.

    • Know when you've had enough, when your skin is well moisturized, its light bounces off it, If it's shiny, that means it has crossed the line into greasy. If by chance your skin looks dull or ashy, it needs a more effective moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete