Tuesday 22 January 2013

Review: Jojoba Oil

Product: Tisserand Organic Jojoba Pure Blending Oil

I use this as a daily night-time moisturizer/serum.

What I like about it:

I have been using it for about 3 months in the winter and I really like it.

I have very sensitive skin so I am always on the look out for natural skin care.

I use it every night, about 3-4 drops on my whole face and neck. On application, it does appear oily but by the next morning it will have been absorbed entirely into the skin, leaving it very moisturized.

What jojoba oil does is that it mimics the natural skin's production of sebum and tricks the skin into thinking it has produced enough oil, so it balances oily skin as well. Even though putting oil on oily skin seems counter-intuitive.

I have normal, sensitive skin and I find that it moisturizes well as I don't seem to be suffering from dry patches even in the winter months.

What I dislike about it:

I can't really use it in the day as it does leave an oily sheen and people who sleep with their face touching the pillow probably will experience some inconvenience.

Overall, I really like this product as it is natural and I feel safe using it on my sensitive skin. It does not clog my pores and keeps my skin moisturized. I get mine from Amazon and it is really affordable.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment