Wednesday 28 August 2013

Review: Chanel CC Cream


Blended it out more towards the bottom to
show how it looks just applied and after blending

Product: Chanel CC Cream Complete Correction SPF 30 / PA +++ 20 Beige

What I like about it: 

Gives very nice coverage. Covers redness especially well which makes sense since CC creams original intent were primarily focused on colour-correcting. 

It also manages to cover my undereye dark circles, possibly because of the warm-yellowish tone.
I would consider it medium coverage. On the website, the Chanel CC cream is classified under 'moisturizers' however this definitely has much more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. (In Korea where CC creams originate, those usually tend to have much less coverage and is considered more a skincare product than makeup)

It is very long lasting. It definitely is suitable for summer as it is rather sweat-proof and does stay on >6 hours, possible because of the sticky formula. However, it tends to get a bit shiny especially if you have oily skin.

What I dislike about it:

The formula is quite thick but it is blendable and does not feel heavy on the skin at all. I just use my fingers but you do have to work quickly. It gives a very natural and flawless look. A little goes a very long way so 30ml is actually quite a lot.

Having a single shade really limits one's options. 20 Beige is a little too dark for me (i'm normally a NC20-25) but it's still acceptable. 

Overall, what I most like about Chanel's CC Cream is its surprisingly good coverage and satin flawless finish. However, its major downfalls are its price & lack of shades. 

Update: The Chanel CC cream seems to irritate my skin, I experienced sunburn like redness on my cheeks. Also, my sister who has dry skin reacted to it as well. It is wise to try a sample of this product for a couple of uses before purchasing!

Rating: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment